Lets you create and browse outfits and buy individual pieces right from the app.
Because, I for one, love to shop. And I love Polyvore, which has been around for about five years as a website, but just now launched its own fancy iPhone app. Want to shop for a certain trend, color, or style? You can find various collages (think Pinterest boards before Pinterest) made by other members—some of which are designers—and fill your virtual shopping bags with wares from links around the internet’s virtual mall. For example, if you were looking for an ugly Christmas sweater you’ll actually wear after that holiday party, you’re in the right app.
Download this app for:
- iPhone, Free
Beautiful picture sets
My wallet hurts in December
Marketers and advertisers using iOS applications can now monitor app downloads on Google’s AdWords This function has been available on Android phones since April.
Gap is no longer planning to work with just Ogilvy on its advertising campaigns. While the company told Ad Age that it is not doing an agency review, Gap has reached out to PNH and AKQA to do new campaigns.
Think you’ve seen enough political ads? Well get ready because one-third of all political spots will air between now and November 6.
The Martin Agency chose Joe Alexander, formerly an ECD at the shop, to be its new CCO. Alexander has worked on campaigns for UPS and Wal-Mart.
TED launched “Ads Worth Spreading” for the third time.
Months after retiring as chairman of Siegel & Gale, Alan Siegel opened a brand and corporate identity consulting firm called Siegelvision.
There’s! talk th at LG’s bottomless elevator stunt is actually fake.
Previously on Business Insider:
- Inside The Bizarre World Of Sexy Halloween Costumes … For Pets
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Facebook’s Carolyn Everson
- These Are The 13 Most Terrifying Ads Ever
- Watch The First iPad Mini Ad
- See The 29 Biggest Executive Perk Packages in Advertising, Ranked By Extravagance
Previously, DirecTV subscribers could use their iPad as some sorta pseudo TV because the app could stream Live TV while you were on your home Wi-Fi network. Now the app’s been updated to be even better: you can watch some content anywhere, even if you’re not at home.
It’s not a huge list of content providers yet but anywhere you get a Wi-Fi or 3G or 4G connection, you can stream content from HBO, Cinemax, Encore, Starz, Sony Movie Channel and DirecTV’s Audience Network. It’s a little interesting since if you were an HBO or Cinemax subscriber, you could just use the HBO GO or MAX GO apps to get their content but hey, any streaming content that’s not tying you to just inside your home for subscribers is always good. [Solid Signal via 9to5Mac]
She announced the launch on her personal blog earlier today.
Enter the Internet of things, where you can choose to follow people, places or things. The notes you leave can be private, or you can share them with everything and everybody.
The possibilities seem endless.
For instance, Fake shared a note she wrote for her friend Lauren:
Perhaps this would be a more useful note when you’re roaming around town: “Find me a Nearby Toilet NOW.”
That seems to be coming soon: Fake wrote on her blog that she plans on building out a notification system so you can get pinged when someone you follow sends out a note.
As far as making money, Fake is betting on selling sponsored notes.
- How To Marry Your Cofounder And Not Kill Your $200 Million Startup In The Process
- Inside OkCupid Labs: The Modern Matchmakers Of Silicon Valley
- Why Gay Guys Love Using Grindr To Hook Up And Make Friends
Dr. Augustine Fou is Digital Consigliere to marketing executives, advising them on digital strategy and Unified Marketing(tm). Dr Fou has over 17 years of in-the-trenches, hands-on experience, which enables him to provide objective, in-depth assessments of their current marketing programs and recommendations for improving business impact and ROI using digital insights.
Collaborators – Digital Profs
- Marketing Costs Normalized to CPM Basis for Comparison
- Netflix vs Blockbuster - Perfect example of an industry replaced by a more efficient version of itself
- Coke vs Pepsi vs Dr Pepper
- Taylor Swift Wrote An Op-Ed In The Wall Street Journal, And It's Filled With Fascinating Insights
- Global Windows Phone Market Share By Manufacturer
- Samsung 52 inch HDTV $9.99 at BestBuy - purchase receipt below (6:21a eastern time August 12, 2009)
- What Good Guy Bot vs Bad Guy Bots Look Like
- HP Mini 311 Nvidia ION Netbook Hackintosh'ed
- 4 Reasons Why Crumbs Bake Shop Massively Failed
- Brand Advertisers: Escaping an Ecosystem of Digital Advertising Fraud
- #SESNY: Toward a Performance Mindset for All Advertising
- Tips for Marketers Selecting a Digital Agency
- Context Is Not King or Queen; It's Just Necessary
- 2013 New Year's Digital Marketing Resolutions
- The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Online Campaign Ratings and eGRPs
- Why You Should Banish the Net Promoter Score Immediately
- Digital Strategy To-MAY-to vs. To-MAH-to
- The Agency-Client Relationship is Forever Changed
- Targeting vs. Privacy - Who Will Win?
- July 2014 (78)
- June 2014 (118)
- May 2014 (173)
- April 2014 (130)
- March 2014 (247)
- February 2014 (167)
- January 2014 (222)
- December 2013 (167)
- November 2013 (111)
- October 2013 (116)
- September 2013 (214)
- August 2013 (210)
- July 2013 (200)
- June 2013 (87)
- May 2013 (87)
- April 2013 (70)
- March 2013 (114)
- February 2013 (89)
- January 2013 (136)
- December 2012 (96)
- November 2012 (130)
- October 2012 (147)
- September 2012 (94)
- August 2012 (93)
- July 2012 (112)
- June 2012 (71)
- May 2012 (82)
- April 2012 (80)
- March 2012 (122)
- February 2012 (114)
- January 2012 (129)
- December 2011 (60)
- November 2011 (54)
- October 2011 (29)
- September 2011 (17)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (18)
- June 2011 (19)
- May 2011 (23)
- April 2011 (23)
- March 2011 (52)
- February 2011 (69)
- January 2011 (108)
- December 2010 (82)
- November 2010 (67)
- October 2010 (68)
- September 2010 (44)
- August 2010 (101)
- July 2010 (61)
- June 2010 (28)
- May 2010 (28)
- April 2010 (26)
- March 2010 (33)
- February 2010 (21)
- January 2010 (13)
- December 2009 (4)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (14)
- September 2009 (6)
- August 2009 (19)
- July 2009 (34)
- June 2009 (11)
- May 2009 (4)
- April 2009 (6)
- March 2009 (13)
- February 2009 (32)
- January 2009 (25)
- December 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (1)
- November 2007 (1)