Dr. Augustine Fou, Digital Consigliere, Marketing Science Consulting Group, Inc. @acfou
Ben Arnon, Head of Global Brand Partnerships, Wildfire a division of Google @benarnon
Thomas C. Kwon, CEO, DotBox
Trish Nettleship, Director, Social Media & Influence, UCB @trishnet
Thomas Panchak, Sr. Director/Digital Marketing, LifeScan division of Johnson & Johnson/Diabetes Care Franchise
Flash sale sites are reaching the end of their growth trajectory, and might start consolidating soon.
Many analysts have blamed the problem on an inability to get designer labels.
About 44% of social network commentary related to flash sale sites is negative, according to the study by Dotcom Distribution.
Consumers’ biggest complaints are related to shipping, log-in, marketing, and customer service.
According to the survey, BeyondTheRack, HauteLook, and ZuLily had the worst consumer feedback for shipping issues.
Fab’s site forces users to log in, which infuriated many customers.
Customers also expressed frustrations with “misleading” email marketing, according to the study.
One woman wrote that she was frustrated with TheFoundary.com because it sent out an email advertising free shipping when in reality the promotion only applied to purchases greater than $75.
These problems hurt the sites two-fold, according to the study: Customer service complaints on Facebook and other social media sites drive away both existing customers and potential new ones.
Flash sale sites can solve their social problem by responding to customer complaints regularly, and advertising promotions accurately, according to Dot! com Dist ribution.
The sites represent a $2 billion business, according to Reuters.
But to keep customers and attract new ones, flash sale sites are going to have to focus on the customer experience.
Despite being the most popular search engine in the world, many businesses are still not utilizing Google or its properties efficiently. Google Plus —
Mar 26, 2013
While most of Pink’s merchandise includes sweatpants, t-shirts, and hoodies, one item of clothing in particular has parents incensed.
Dr. Augustine Fou is Digital Consigliere to marketing executives, advising them on digital strategy and Unified Marketing(tm). Dr Fou has over 17 years of in-the-trenches, hands-on experience, which enables him to provide objective, in-depth assessments of their current marketing programs and recommendations for improving business impact and ROI using digital insights.
- Coke vs Pepsi vs Dr Pepper
- Netflix vs Blockbuster - Perfect example of an industry replaced by a more efficient version of itself
- Marketing Costs Normalized to CPM Basis for Comparison
- 3G calling, no registration, and totally free
- AOL's Plan To Steal TV Ad Dollars Is Totally Working
- The Top Endorsement Earners In Each Sport
- drag2share: The Most Pinned Brand On Pinterest Doesn't Even Use A Pinterest Account [THE BRIEF]
- Groupon launches Breadcrumb iPad app, vows to not be a typical POS
- HP Mini 311 Nvidia ION Netbook Hackintosh'ed
- #SESNY: Toward a Performance Mindset for All Advertising
- Tips for Marketers Selecting a Digital Agency
- Context Is Not King or Queen; It's Just Necessary
- 2013 New Year's Digital Marketing Resolutions
- The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Online Campaign Ratings and eGRPs
- Why You Should Banish the Net Promoter Score Immediately
- Digital Strategy To-MAY-to vs. To-MAH-to
- The Agency-Client Relationship is Forever Changed
- Targeting vs. Privacy - Who Will Win?
- Digital + Traditional = Unified Marketing
- May 2013 (66)
- April 2013 (70)
- March 2013 (114)
- February 2013 (89)
- January 2013 (136)
- December 2012 (96)
- November 2012 (130)
- October 2012 (147)
- September 2012 (94)
- August 2012 (92)
- July 2012 (112)
- June 2012 (71)
- May 2012 (82)
- April 2012 (80)
- March 2012 (122)
- February 2012 (114)
- January 2012 (129)
- December 2011 (60)
- November 2011 (54)
- October 2011 (29)
- September 2011 (17)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (18)
- June 2011 (19)
- May 2011 (23)
- April 2011 (23)
- March 2011 (52)
- February 2011 (69)
- January 2011 (108)
- December 2010 (82)
- November 2010 (67)
- October 2010 (68)
- September 2010 (44)
- August 2010 (101)
- July 2010 (61)
- June 2010 (28)
- May 2010 (28)
- April 2010 (26)
- March 2010 (33)
- February 2010 (21)
- January 2010 (12)
- December 2009 (4)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (14)
- September 2009 (6)
- August 2009 (19)
- July 2009 (34)
- June 2009 (11)
- May 2009 (4)
- April 2009 (6)
- March 2009 (13)
- February 2009 (32)
- January 2009 (25)
- December 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (1)
- November 2007 (1)