The Cowboys linebacker is one of – if not the – first athlete on a professional team to hold a Google+ Hangout with his fans.
In case you’re unaware, the hangout is basically a group video chat for up to 10 people.
The Cowboys star and his fans took part in an intimate question and answer session, giving people an opportunity to speak directly with Ware.
It’s definitely a novel idea in this lockout age for fans feeling disconnected from the athletes they follow.
Hopefully other organizations will take note and take advantage of this opportunity.
(video via Digital Hoops Blast)
- The Dallas Cowboys Beat Themselves—Again—With Terrible Decision-Making In Crucial Moments
- WATCH: Vince Young Reacts To Crucial Interception By Tebowing
- This Beastly Touchdown Run Tells You Everything You Need To Know About Last Night’s Eagles-Seahawks Game
No matter how thin your wallet is, you’re probably not willing to sacrifice beauty to save.
Less than one-fifth of 25,000 respondents from 51 countries say they’d buy cheaper health and beauty products for the price, according to a survey by Nielsen, a global information company.
Meanwhile, 61% chose “good value” over “low price” for any retail products their families may need, meaning a generic brand of bread may get passed over for a loaf of tastier (and possibly healthier) Pepperidge Farm bread.
“Value is not about price alone,” James Russo, vice president of Nielsen’s Global Consumer Insights, said in a statement. “Retailers and manufacturers who offer good values tailored around benefits of the product beyond price will resonate with consumers who continue to look for ways to stretch their money in a tough economy.”
The study found product preference also depends on where the respondents live, with those in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and North America preferring good value over lower prices, and those living in Africa and the Middle East choosing price over value.
But just because North Americans prefer value over lower prices doesn’t mean that they’re willing to pay full price. In fact, Americans are among the world’s leading coupon-users, followed closely by China and Hong Kong.
We also buy in bulk more than anyone else in the world. According to Nielsen’s chart below, the main reason Americans visit the grocery store is to stock up, whereas a quick trip to replenish products is more popular in other parts of the world.
- Get Ready To Pay More For That ‘Made In China’ Tag
- That Tracking Device From Your Car Insurer Is Actually A Good Thing
- The Terrible, Horrible, No Good Reasons To Avoid Using Layaway This Season
Dr. Augustine Fou is Digital Consigliere to marketing executives, advising them on digital strategy and Unified Marketing(tm). Dr Fou has over 17 years of in-the-trenches, hands-on experience, which enables him to provide objective, in-depth assessments of their current marketing programs and recommendations for improving business impact and ROI using digital insights.
Collaborators – Digital Profs
- Netflix vs Blockbuster - Perfect example of an industry replaced by a more efficient version of itself
- Coke vs Pepsi vs Dr Pepper
- Marketing Costs Normalized to CPM Basis for Comparison
- The JKWeddingDance video was real; the viral effect was MANUFACTURED - Post 1 of 2
- Samsung 52 inch HDTV $9.99 at BestBuy - purchase receipt below (6:21a eastern time August 12, 2009)
- The Grand Unified Theory of Marketing(tm) - Digital String Theory
- Facebook usage by hour
- Moore's Law Gives Way to Bezos' Law
- Vapor4 May Be the First Bumper Worthy of the iPhone 4
- Brand Advertisers: Escaping an Ecosystem of Digital Advertising Fraud
- #SESNY: Toward a Performance Mindset for All Advertising
- Tips for Marketers Selecting a Digital Agency
- Context Is Not King or Queen; It's Just Necessary
- 2013 New Year's Digital Marketing Resolutions
- The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Online Campaign Ratings and eGRPs
- Why You Should Banish the Net Promoter Score Immediately
- Digital Strategy To-MAY-to vs. To-MAH-to
- The Agency-Client Relationship is Forever Changed
- Targeting vs. Privacy - Who Will Win?
- April 2014 (79)
- March 2014 (247)
- February 2014 (167)
- January 2014 (222)
- December 2013 (167)
- November 2013 (111)
- October 2013 (116)
- September 2013 (214)
- August 2013 (210)
- July 2013 (200)
- June 2013 (87)
- May 2013 (87)
- April 2013 (70)
- March 2013 (114)
- February 2013 (89)
- January 2013 (136)
- December 2012 (96)
- November 2012 (130)
- October 2012 (147)
- September 2012 (94)
- August 2012 (93)
- July 2012 (112)
- June 2012 (71)
- May 2012 (82)
- April 2012 (80)
- March 2012 (122)
- February 2012 (114)
- January 2012 (129)
- December 2011 (60)
- November 2011 (54)
- October 2011 (29)
- September 2011 (17)
- August 2011 (30)
- July 2011 (18)
- June 2011 (19)
- May 2011 (23)
- April 2011 (23)
- March 2011 (52)
- February 2011 (69)
- January 2011 (108)
- December 2010 (82)
- November 2010 (67)
- October 2010 (68)
- September 2010 (44)
- August 2010 (101)
- July 2010 (61)
- June 2010 (28)
- May 2010 (28)
- April 2010 (26)
- March 2010 (33)
- February 2010 (21)
- January 2010 (12)
- December 2009 (4)
- November 2009 (2)
- October 2009 (14)
- September 2009 (6)
- August 2009 (19)
- July 2009 (34)
- June 2009 (11)
- May 2009 (4)
- April 2009 (6)
- March 2009 (13)
- February 2009 (32)
- January 2009 (25)
- December 2008 (1)
- October 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (1)
- November 2007 (1)